POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : mixing POV code with C++ : Re: POV source errors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV source errors
From: Ron Parker
Date: 12 Feb 1999 08:17:40
Message: <36c429f4.0@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:17:44 -0800, Jon A. Cruz <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:
>Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>
>> Hmm, this is strange. Where were these changes required? In the core code or
>> in the platform specific code? The core code itself should compile without
>> error using a C++ compiler...if it does not, it would be very interesting
>> where VC had problems.
>>

>Just as an aside, when I built the source using VC 5, I get about 710 warnings.
>In my experience this is not the best state to leave code in, so what's the
>current status on this? (i.e. is it a known and desired state, just something
>that needs time to get to, just something to annoy MS compiler users... :-)

You only get 710? :)  Most of them are precision warnings, which are really
kind of a nitpicky kind of warning anyway.  I've always just ignored them,
until I can find the time to sit down and fix every single one, or someone
else can.  There's definitely a lot of float->double->float conversions going
on in various places, but fixing them would be quite a chore.